Wednesday 14 December 2011

Moment

Its Christmas which means Ive got the time to work on other projects that aren't my dissertation or university work, which I am still working on. Right now I'm working on three different things, one of them is finished and waiting to be printed after Christmas is over.
cover
A cover for a new zine, The Mallades. I have been working on for ages and finally have it ready to print. It started with me reading an article about ducks and their odd behaviour...
The strange case of the homosexual necrophiliac duck pushed out the boundaries of knowledge in a rather improbable way when it was recorded by Dutch researcher Kees Moeliker. 
The title is a pun on the fact this makes ducks seem somewhat ill. Mallard is the name for ducks and the french word malade means to be ill, mashed together makes The Mallades.

phone
The second is a few drawings in progress from another zine, My Phone Hates Me 2, I have amassed enough auto corrected texts that I've sent to create a second volume. As with the first one, my phone is still out to make me look bad.

ash
And finally this is a font I created using my ipad. It will be used in a story that I'm illustrating by James Stedman.

No comments:

Post a Comment